Project Manager’s lead kick off, progress and status meetings throughout the life of the project. Effective meetings help the Project Manager focus the team, uncover issues and resolve differences.
1. Make a list of who you will invite to the meeting. The list may include members of the project team, members of the customer’s project team and other key stakeholders such as sub contractors.
2. Prepare an agenda of what will be discussed. The agenda might items such as status of risk and action issues, progress against the schedule and disposition of purchases or payments.
3. Send or email an advance copy of the agenda to the attendee list to make sure everyone is in agreement and to capture any missing items. Revise the agenda as appropriate.
4. Remember to schedule a time, place and conference room if people are calling in the right call in code numbers.
5. Distribute the final version of the agenda along with information on the date, location and call in numbers to the invitation list.